Vancouver City Highlights Tour Details
- Stanley Park – The emerald jewel set in the heart of our city. Stanley Park is a 1000 acre playground with stunning city views, snow capped mountain backdrops and the salty smell of the Pacific Ocean. Enjoy a stop at the totem poles and get an iconic photo of the sails of Canada Place alongside the glass and steel towers of Coal Harbour. Then drive on to the park’s highest point. Stop and enjoy a view of Lion’s Gate Bridge spanning the entrance to our harbour. Dazzle at the panorama of the snow capped coastal mountains, West Vancouver and English Bay.
- English Bay – Drive out of the park and along the city’s urban beaches of English Bay. Get a real sense of how fortunate the locals are with access to seaside walks, astounding views and ocean beaches. This is why we love living here! Lucky guests may even spot a couple of our resident bald eagles or great blue herons hunting by these shores.
- Gastown – This is where it all started, on the shores of the Burrard Inlet – Gassy Jack Deighton laid the foundation of this great west coast city (ok he opened a saloon). See Maple Tree Square, Vancouver’s oldest architecture, and the world famous steam powered clock.
- Chinatown – Developed at the turn of the last century by Chinese immigrants from California and China, who came to work the gold mines and railroad – Chinatown today is a bustling reminder of where we’ve come from and where we are heading. Great restaurants, shopping, and interesting architecture (like the world’s thinnest building), all for your senses to feast upon. Of course, at the end of our afternoon tours, we are happy to drop you off at the Chinatown night market – just ask your guide.
- Canada Place and Vancouver Harbour – The city’s Alaska cruise ship terminal; an icon of the skyline; Canada’s flagship harbour and our gateway to Asia.
- The Lookout! – Get a bird’s eye view of Vancouver from The Lookout viewing deck high atop Harbour Centre Tower (admission included).
- Granville Island – This tiny peninsula is a hotbed for good food and great art. Spend time browsing artisan workshops or get some great food and even better views waterside at the Granville Island Public Market. This is a great place to stock up on a few things for the hotel room later or gifts to bring home to loved ones. Granville Island is a short ferry ride across false creek from the downtown core. So feel free to ask us to be dropped here after your tour ends. It’s easy to spend an afternoon or evening exploring this unique place, enjoying some great food or even taking in a show at one of the theatres. It’s just as easy to find your way back to your hotel when you are done. Which brings up a good point: Feel free to ask us to drop you anywhere in the downtown or Richmond areas and we are happy to oblige.