Pick-up times are one half hour earlier at Richmond (Airport) hotels
This Pre-Cruise or Post-Cruise Vancouver City Highlights Tour shows everything described in the 10:00am Vancouver City Highlights Tour with the added benefit of a transfer to or from the cruise ship terminal. Start with a pick up from your hotel front door or from the Cruise Ship Terminal (all luggage handling is included) and see everything that makes Vancouver the most beautiful city in the world. See it all from high atop Harbour Centre Tower at the Vancouver Lookout (admission included) including a bird’s-eye view of your cruise ship. End the tour with drop off at your hotel, Ballantyne Pier, or Canada Place terminal to board your ship.
Suggested Clothing: Comfortable clothing for the day including a warm shirt or outer layer.
|Hotel or Cruise Terminal - Complimentary hotel or Cruise Terminal pick up or drop off.|
|Stanley Park - Totem Poles - This is the most visited attraction in British Columbia.|
|Stanley Park - Prospect Point - A lookout at the highest point of Stanley Park.|
|Granville Island - Stop to wander artist studios, craft galleries and the Granville Island Public Market.|
|The Lookout! - Get a bird's eye view of Vancouver from The Lookout viewing deck high atop Harbour Centre Tower (admission included).|
|Chinatown - Vancouver's cultural diversity in Canada's largest Chinatown.|
|Gastown - Vacnouver's original downtown core is now a National Historic Site.|
|Canada Place - The architecturally stunning cruise terminal and convention centre.|
|English Bay - Did you know Vancouver has beautiful sandy beaches and palm trees?|
|For cruise passengers we will pick you up with your luggage - then after the tour drop you off at your cruise ship, hotel or YVR Vancouver International Airport.|
Vancouver City Highlights Tour Details
- Stanley Park – The emerald jewel set in the heart of our city. Stanley Park is a 1000 acre playground with stunning city views, snow capped mountain backdrops and the salty smell of the Pacific Ocean. Enjoy a stop at the totem poles and get an iconic photo of the sails of Canada Place and the glass and steel towers of Coal Harbour. Then drive on to the park’s highest point. Stop and enjoy a view of Lion’s Gate Bridge spanning the entrance to our harbour. Dazzle at the panorama of the snow capped coastal mountains, West Vancouver and English Bay.
- English Bay – Drive out of the park and along the city’s urban beaches of English Bay. Get a real sense of how fortunate the locals are with access to seaside walks, astounding views and ocean beaches. This is why we love living here! Lucky guests may even spot a couple of our resident bald eagles or great blue herons hunting by these shores.
- Gastown – This is where it all started, on the shores of the Burrard Inlet – Gassy Jack Deighton laid the foundation of this great west coast city (ok he opened a saloon). See Maple Tree Square, Vancouver’s oldest architecture, and the world famous steam powered clock.
- Chinatown – Developed at the turn of the last century by Chinese immigrants from California and China, who came to work the gold mines and railroad – Chinatown today is a bustling reminder of where we’ve come from and where we are heading. Great restaurants, shopping, and interesting architecture (like the world’s thinnest building), all for your senses to feast upon. Of course, at the end of our afternoon tours, we are happy to drop you off at the Chinatown night market – just ask your guide.
- Robson Street – Enjoy a leisurely drive down Robson Street and get a taste of what’s available for those who love to shop. Your guide is also happy to recommend eateries to suit all budgets.
- Canada Place and Vancouver Harbour – The city’s Alaska cruise ship terminal; an icon of the skyline; Canada’s flagship harbour and our gateway to Asia.
- Granville Island – This tiny peninsula is a hotbed for good food and great art. Spend time browsing artisan workshops or get some great food and even better views waterside at the Granville Island Public Market. This is a great place to stock up on a few things for the hotel room later or gifts to bring home to loved ones. Granville Island is a short ferry ride across false creek from the downtown core. So feel free to ask us to be dropped here after your tour ends. It’s easy to spend an afternoon or evening exploring this unique place, enjoying some great food or even taking in a show at one of the theatres and just as easy to find your way back to your hotel when you are done. Which brings up a good point: Feel free to ask us to drop you anywhere in the downtown or Richmond areas and we are happy to oblige – even the airport – with a little advance notice we will bring your luggage along too and drop you and your luggage off at the airport when your tour is finished.
Every tour is operated with an air conditioned vehicle with large viewing windows. Guests are free to remain on the vehicle at the stops. All tours are conducted in English by our friendly, highly trained and award-winning tour guides. Pick up time will be confirmed when reservations are made; tour will begin when all guests are on board and all tour times are approximate.