Pick-up times are one half hour later at Richmond (Airport) hotels.
Victoria and Butchart Gardens; our most popular excursion, is the best if you want to visit our provincial capital and the world-renowned gardens in just one day. Maximize your time and save money, by turning a potentially difficult transfer between Vancouver and Victoria into an easy, fully-narrated day tour. With plenty of free time in downtown Victoria and at Butchart Gardens, this will be a day you will never forget.
Suggested Clothing: Comfortable clothing for the day including a warm shirt or outer layer. Walking shoes recommended.
- The bus drives onto the ferry for a 1.5 hour cruise to Vancouver Island. Full restaurant facilities on board.
- A scenic drive through exclusive residential areas and parks surrounding downtown Victoria.
See the Parliament Buildings, Empress Hotel and more of Downtown Victoria’s vibrant harbour front during your free time to explore.
- Special rate available for Royal British Columbia Museum.
- A visit to the world famous Butchart Gardens (admission included).
|Hotel or Accomadation - Complimentary hotel pick up & drop off from your downtown Vancouver or Richmond hotel.|
|BC Ferries - Cruise through the beautiful Gulf Islands to Vancouver Island.|
|Downtown Victoria - Free time to explore our beautiful capital city.|
|Special rate available - Visit Royal British Columbia Museum during your free time in downtown Victoria.|
|Butchart Gardens - A visit to the world famous gardens, the Sunken Gardens may just take your breath away (admission included).|
|Empress Hotel - This National Historic Site of Canada opened its doors in 1908|
|British Columbia Parliament Buildings - This home to the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia was built in 1898.|
Victoria Tour Details
- This exciting, fun filled day begins with your being met by your tour guide in your hotel lobby and escorted to your mini-coach. Once all guests are on board you will head south out of the city to Tsawwassen, the closest point of land between the mainland and Vancouver Island. Crossing the Fraser River Delta and through the agricultural land surrounding Metro Vancouver this short half hour drive ends at the BC Ferries Terminal where your mini-coach will drive right onto a ferry belonging to the second largest ferry fleet in the world.
- At Sea during your 90 minute crossing, you will have a chance to enjoy the on board amenities such as full restaurant service, gift shops or video games for the kids. Mostly, you’ll be walking around deck, eyes on the water searching for orcas, eagles or seals and glancing up at the beautiful scenery as the ship winds it’s way through the Southern Gulf Islands to dock at Swartz Bay on Vancouver Island.
- The City awaits now as you leave the ocean behind and drive down the Saanich Peninsula to the heart of Victoria. Once a small Fort, the city grew from the Gold Rush and then as the seat of provincial governmental power. The Inner Harbour is a legacy to one of Canada’s most notable architects Francis Rattenbury as the skyline is dominated by two of his most famous works the Parliament Buildings and The Empress Hotel. After your guide gives you an orientation tour of the downtown, you enjoy 3 hours of free time to explore this quaint city by the sea, have some lunch on your own, and take-in one of the varied local attractions.
- Special rate available for Royal British Columbia Museum
- Green thumbs and garden lovers – Those wanting less time in the city and more time in the Gardens are encouraged to take an earlier free shuttle service offered by your guide. Just let them know in the morning and they will cheerfully make arrangements with you.
- Time for a garden stroll, as all our guests will meet back at a designated time and place in downtown Victoria. From there you will enjoy a 30 minute pastoral drive through the countryside arriving at a garden which leaves even the most avid horticulturalist in awe. Spread across 55 acres, the Butchart Gardens are truly a sight to be seen. You will find spectacular views as you stroll along meandering paths and expansive lawns. From the exquisite Sunken Garden to the charming Rose Garden, this show garden still maintains the gracious traditions of earlier times and boasts all the modern amenities to make your time there comfortable and enjoyable. Don’t forget your camera.
- Return to Vancouver when guests meet back at the mini-coach for a short, twenty minute, ride back to the BC Ferries terminal and the ferry ride back to the mainland. On the return crossing you can enjoy the restaurant facilities on board the ferry or grab a nap in the lounge before being driven from the ferry terminal back to Vancouver and your hotel.