Pick-up times are 30 minutes later at Richmond (Airport) hotels.
NOTE: In 2017, due to the BC Ferries Schedule, our 8:00am Victoria Tour will depart at 7:00am on June 4, 11, 18 and Sept 10, 17.
Suggested Clothing: Comfortable clothing for the day including a warm shirt or outer layer. Walking shoes recommended.
|Complimentary Hotel Pick-up - Pick-up from your downtown Vancouver or Richmond hotel.|
|BC Ferries - Cruise through the beautiful Gulf Islands to Vancouver Island.|
|Butchart Gardens - A visit to the world famous gardens, the Sunken Gardens may just take your breath away (admission included).|
|Downtown Victoria - Free time to explore our beautiful capital city.|
|Special rate available - Visit Royal BC Museum during your free time in downtown Victoria.|
|The Fairmont Empress Hotel - This National Historic Site of Canada opened its doors in 1908.|
|British Columbia Parliament Buildings - This is home to the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia built in 1898.|
|Hotel, Airport or Train Station Drop-off - Downtown Vancouver or Richmond hotels, Vancouver International Airport (YVR) or VIA Rail.|
Victoria Tour Details
- This exciting, fun-filled day begins with you being met by your tour guide in your hotel lobby. Once all guests are on board you will head south out of the city to Tsawwassen, the closest point of land between the mainland and Vancouver Island. Crossing the Fraser River Delta and through the agricultural land surrounding Metro Vancouver this short half hour drive ends at the BC Ferries Terminal where your mini-coach will drive right onto a ferry belonging to the second largest ferry fleet in the world.
- At Sea during your 90 minute crossing, you will have a chance to enjoy the on board amenities such as full restaurant service, gift shops or video games for the kids. Mostly, you’ll be walking around deck, with your eyes on the water searching for orcas, eagles or seals. You will be glancing up at the beautiful scenery as the ship winds its way through the Southern Gulf Islands to dock at Swartz Bay on Vancouver Island.
- The City awaits as you leave the ocean behind and drive down the Saanich Peninsula to the heart of Victoria. Once a small Fort, the city grew first from the Gold Rush and then as the seat of provincial governmental power. The Inner Harbour is a legacy to one of Canada’s most notable architects, Francis Rattenbury, as the skyline is dominated by two of his most famous works the Parliament Buildings and The Fairmont Empress Hotel. After your guide gives you an orientation tour of downtown, you will enjoy three hours of free time (high season) or two and half hours of free time (shoulder season) depending on ferry schedules to explore this quaint city by the sea, to have some lunch on your own, and to take in one of the various local attractions.
- Green thumbs and garden lovers – Those wanting less time in the city and more time in the Gardens are encouraged to take an earlier free shuttle service offered by your guide. Just let them know in the morning and they will cheerfully make arrangements with you.
- Time for a Garden Stroll – All of our guests will meet back at a designated time and place in downtown Victoria. From there you will enjoy a 30 minute pastoral drive through the countryside arriving at a garden which leaves even the most avid horticulturalist in awe. Spread across 55 acres, the Butchart Gardens are truly a sight to be seen. You will find spectacular views as you stroll along meandering paths and expansive lawns. From the exquisite Sunken Garden to the charming Rose Garden, this show garden still maintains the gracious traditions of earlier times and boasts all the modern amenities to make your time there comfortable and enjoyable. Don’t forget your camera.
- Return to Vancouver: Guests meet back at the mini-coach for a short, 20 minute ride back to the BC Ferries terminal and the ferry ride back to the mainland. On the return crossing you can enjoy the restaurant facilities on board the ferry or grab a nap in the lounge before being driven from the ferry terminal back to Vancouver and your hotel.