Effective May 1, 2016: Whistler Tour Pricing Adult $140 | Child $80 and tour will depart at 8:30am
Pick-up times are 30 minutes earlier at Richmond (Airport) hotels.
This is the best way to explore the “Sea-to-Sky Highway”; literally the road to the 2010 Olympics and to Whistler. Pass 7,000 foot mountains, the 3rd highest waterfall in BC and the 2nd largest granite monolith in the world. Experience this and more as your Guide brings the trip to life with history, current events and personal anecdotes. Stops include view points, Whistler Village, Shannon Falls and the new Aboriginal Cultural Centre and Museum.
Suggested Clothing: Comfortable clothing for the day including a warm shirt or outer layer. Walking shoes recommended. During winter months we suggest layers including a warm under-layer and a rain or snow jacket. Don’t forget your mittens!
|Complimentary Hotel Pickup - Pickup from your downtown Vancouver or Richmond hotel.|
|Tour Whistler Village, or take the high speed lift (additional cost) to the top of Whistler Mountain. - Option to purchase discounted tickets for the world-record-breaking Peak 2 Peak Gondola from your tour guide.|
|Free time to browse through quaint village shops, walk along forest trails or just relax and enjoy the mountain scenery. - Optional sightseeing flight to get a bird's-eye view of the surrounding mountain peaks and glaciers (additional cost).|
|Visit the Squamish Lil'wat Centre and Museum in Whistler - A museum dedicated to the history, culture and art of the local First Nations (admission included).|
|Shannon Falls - Walk to the base of Shannon Falls, the third highest waterfall in Canada.|
|Sea-to-Sky Highway - Travel from Vancouver to Whistler via the spectacular "Sea-to-Sky Highway" to the #1 ski resort in North America aboard our 24 passenger bus.|
|Hotel, Airport or Train Station Dropoff - Downtown Vancouver or Richmond hotels, Vancouver International Airport (YVR), or VIA Rail.|
Whistler Tour Details
- This exciting, nature-filled day begins with you being met in your hotel lobby by your tour guide and escorted to the bus. Once all guests are on board you will head out of the city via Stanley Park and the Lion’s Gate Bridge. Beautiful harbour and bay views beckon as the sun climbs over the mountains to the east. Then it’s up the hill for a short ride on the longest paved road, the Trans-Canada highway. The road ends a short 10 km away beginning your journey into the “Sea to Sky” corridor.
- The road winds it’s way perched on the side of the Coastal Mountains as they rise from the ocean depths and tower to your right. All the while the northern hemisphere’s most southern fjord stretches out to your left with a backdrop of forested islands and snowcapped peaks. Enjoy a quick coffee and restroom break at along the way to stretch your legs, smell the sea air, grab a cup of coffee and marvel at gorgeous scenery.
- From here you drive through the pastoral growing town of Squamish and begin the “to Sky” portion of your journey. The road follows the Cheakamus river. First cresting high above the river, offering views of ice blue glaciers on the peaks of the Tantalus mountains, then plunging, low into the river canyon; carved by eons of meltwater. From here it is a slow climb to 2,000 feet above sea-level and the Whistler Valley. Skiing, biking, hiking, volcanoes, glaciers, high alpine lakes and forests, world-class restaurants and amenities; these are what draw people here. Enjoy five hours here on your own, to grab a bite to eat and explore this mountain ski village or partake in one of our many Adventure PLUS options, call our Guest Services Toll Free for more details 1-877-669-2277.
- Activities available in Whistler for day-trip guests – Before you arrive in Whistler Village your guide will inform you of the various optional activities available that fit into your tour’s schedule; the gondola ride up Whistler or Blackcomb mountains; join an ATV or snowmobile guided tour; or you may choose a scenic seaplane flight over ancient volcanoes to see the glaciers up close. Your guide will be happy to make activity arrangements, on board the bus, for you and your family.
- A mid afternoon departure will take you to see and feel nature’s power at Shannon Falls – just a short trip down the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Shannon Falls is the third highest waterfall in the province at 335m or just under 1,100 feet. Enjoy a short walk to the base for some great photos of nature’s erosive art or just drink-in the power and beauty of the cascading waters.
- This marks the beginning of the end of your tour. Board your bus for the 45 minute scenic, fjord-side, return trip. The sun lowers below the distant mountains as the bus meanders along highway 99 back to the city and your hotel but not before one last stunning harbour view on a second crossing of the Lion’s Gate Bridge. You may even end your day with a parade of massive cruise ships as they pass under the bridge on their weekly journeys to Alaska.