Please note: The Peak 2 Peak Gondola is closed for maintenance every day from Oct 10 – Nov 24, 2017.
Pick-up times are 60 minutes earlier at Richmond (Airport) hotels.
Our Whistler & Shannon Falls Tour drives along the scenic Sea to Sky Highway and features various stops and viewpoints including Shannon Falls, the third highest waterfall in British Columbia. Pass by 2,125 metre (7,000 foot) high mountains, an ancient glacial fjord, and the second largest granite monolith in the world.
Whistler Village is a Canadian gem. With towering mountains and sprawling forests, this quaint village offers everything from relaxing spas and scenic strolls to adrenaline pumping activities and breathtaking views.
Enjoy four hours of free time in Whistler Village to explore, shop and dine, or try one of our available +Plus Options. Whether you are visiting in summer or winter, Whistler has a wide array of activities to suit the whole family.
Included in your tour admission is a ticket to the Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre and Museum. Be sure to visit and enjoy a 1-hour guided tour through this First Nations cultural museum.
Suggested Clothing: Dress in layers. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended. Don’t forget the fixings! Depending on the weather consider bringing sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, gloves and a waterproof outer layer. Any excess items can be stored on the vehicle while you’re exploring.
Accessibility: Minimal mobility is required. You may encounter some inclines, however pathways are paved. There’s a lot to explore. Be prepared to do plenty of walking.
Our tours are conducted on comfortable mini-coaches seating up to 30 passengers and offering exceptional visibility. They are detailed after every tour and are outfitted with heating & air-conditioning for your comfort. Live tour commentary is conducted in English by our friendly, highly trained and award-winning Tour Guides. Hotel specific pick-up times are provided when reservations are confirmed.
If you have any questions, please contact our Guest Services Team at 604.255.7272, toll-free at 1.877.669.2277, or email email@example.com.
|Complimentary Hotel Pick-up - Pick-up from your downtown Vancouver or Richmond hotel.|
|Tour Whistler Village, or take the high speed lift to the top of Whistler Mountain - Option to purchase discounted tickets for the record-breaking PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola from your tour guide (additional cost).|
|Free time to browse through quaint village shops, walk along forest trails or just relax and enjoy the mountain scenery - Optional sightseeing flight to get a bird's-eye view of the surrounding mountain peaks and glaciers (additional cost).|
|Visit the Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre and Museum in Whistler - A museum dedicated to the history, culture and art of the local First Nations (admission included). *Please note that the museum is closed on Mondays for the winter season.|
|Shannon Falls - Walk to the base of Shannon Falls, the third highest waterfall in BC.|
|Sea-to-Sky Highway - Travel from Vancouver to Whistler via the spectacular "Sea-to-Sky Highway" to the #1 ski resort in North America aboard our 24 passenger bus.|
|Hotel, Airport or Train Station Drop-off - Downtown Vancouver or Richmond hotels, Vancouver International Airport (YVR), or VIA Rail.|
Whistler Tour Itinerary
- This exciting, nature-filled day begins with you being met in your hotel lobby by your tour guide and escorted to the bus. Once all guests are on board you will head out of the city via Stanley Park and the Lions Gate Bridge. Beautiful harbour and bay views beckon as the sun climbs over the mountains to the east. Then it’s up the hill for a short ride on the longest paved road, the Trans-Canada Highway. The road ends a short 10 km away beginning your journey into the “Sea to Sky” corridor.
- The road winds its way perched on the side of the Coastal Mountains as they rise from the ocean depths and tower to your right. All the while the northern hemisphere’s southernmost fjord stretches out to your left with a backdrop of forested islands and snowcapped peaks. Enjoy a quick coffee and restroom break along the way to stretch your legs, smell the sea air, and marvel at gorgeous scenery.
- From here, you will drive through Squamish, the “Outdoor Capital of Canada”, the growing town of Squamish and begin the ‘to sky’ part of your journey. Cresting high above the Cheakamus River, the highway offers views of ice blue glaciers on the peaks of the Tantalus Mountain Range. The mountains plunge low into the river canyon, which has been carved out by eons of meltwater. From here it is a slow climb to 610 m (2,000 ft) above sea-level and the Whistler Valley. Skiing, biking, hiking, volcanoes, glaciers, high alpine lakes and forests, world-class restaurants and amenities; these are what draw people here. Enjoy four hours here on your own, to grab a bite to eat and explore this mountain ski village or partake in one of our many adventurous +Plus Options.
- Activities available in Whistler for day-trip guests (Please be aware that activities are seasonal and may not be available) – Before you arrive in Whistler Village, your guide will inform you of the various optional activities available that fit into your tour’s schedule. Ride the gondola up Whistler or Blackcomb mountains, join an ATV or snowmobile guided tour, or you may choose a scenic seaplane flight over ancient volcanoes to see the glaciers up close. Your guide will be happy to make activity arrangements, on board the bus, for you and your family.
- A mid afternoon departure will take you to see and feel nature’s power at Shannon Falls – just a short trip down the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Shannon Falls is the 3rd highest waterfall in the province at just under 335 m (1,100 ft). Enjoy a short walk to the base for some great photos of nature’s erosive art or just drink in the power and beauty of the cascading waters.
- This marks the beginning of the end of your tour. Board your bus for the 45 minute scenic, fjord-side, return trip. The sun lowers below the distant mountains as the bus meanders along highway 99 back to the city and your hotel, but not before one last stunning harbour view on a second crossing of the Lions Gate Bridge. You may even end your day with a parade of massive cruise ships as they pass under the bridge on their weekly journeys to Alaska.