Hop On, Hop Off DRIVER
We are looking for professional drivers to join our growing team! With our new Hop On, Hop Off tours launching in spring 2019, we are looking for team members to work a flexible full-time schedule as drivers of our double-decker buses on a scheduled city loop. You are a warm, friendly, thoughtful and outgoing team player that would fit in with our team and our unique culture.
A day in the life of a Hop On, Hop Off Driver:
- Responsible for driving double-decker bus on fixed route for up to 81 guests around downtown Vancouver. [You will be joined by a step on guide who will be providing live commentary]
- Must be passionate, have integrity, be adaptable, and be a team player
- Be warm, friendly and welcoming to all guests and team members
- Perform daily pre and post trip vehicle inspections
- Efficiently keep to a scheduled itinerary
- Maintain a clean and aesthetically pleasing personal appearance in accordance with company standards
- Available to work a full time schedule
What you bring:
- Must possess a Valid BC Class 1 Driver’s License (or Class 2 with Air Brakes)* with a clean driving abstract. Note, BC Class 2 and air brakes licensing will be provided for qualified candidates with a valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Strong knowledge of navigating around downtown Vancouver is essential
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Flexibility to adapt to a changing schedule
- Excellent driving skills, including ability to remain calm in challenging and high-stress situations
- Ability to work well both independently with minimum direction, and as part of a team
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Ability to lift luggage up to 40lbs
- Fluent in English, written and oral
- Previous tourism experience or knowledge of industry is an asset
What we offer:
- Your “office” is a sleek VanHool double-decker bus!
- Growth and learning opportunities
- Fun, rewarding, social, and supportive work environment
- Tourism industry perks including the Tourism Passport Challenge
- Fully paid orientation and training program
Sounds like you?
If you would be excited to join our team, please send us a resume and cover letter telling us about you and why you would be the perfect addition to our team.
Thank you for taking the time to review this information. Due to time demands, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
*“L” and “N” licenses are Class 7 and are not eligible for this role.