Shuttler / Charter Guide
Please take a moment to read through the Shuttler / Charter Guide information below. If you fit the description, contact us! We look forward to being a part of your Vancouver tourism industry experience!
We are looking for extraordinary personalities to join our team for the 2019 season! Do you enjoy talking to new people from all over the world and going out of your way to make their day? Are you a warm, friendly, thoughtful and outgoing team player that would fit in with our team and our culture? With our tours & adventures business adapting and growing with the ever-changing tourism industry we require independent self-starters, available to work a flexible full-time schedule.
A day in the life of a Shuttler / Charter Guide:
- Responsible for transporting guests to and from hotels in Whistler, Vancouver and Richmond, Vancouver International Airport, and other A to B points around the lower mainland
- Assist with picking up guests in order for tours to depart on time
- Liaison at the cruise ship terminal between guides and guests coming off ships
- Must be passionate, have integrity, be adaptable, bring some originality and be a team player
- Be warm, friendly and welcoming to all guests and team members
- Assist guests with booking tours and adventures
- Efficiently handle guest queries and concerns
- Efficiently keep to a scheduled itinerary
- Maintain a clean and aesthetically pleasing appearance
- Willingness to do additional work, outside the Shuttle/Charter Guide job description
- Available to work a full time schedule
What you bring:
- Must possess a Valid Class 5 British Columbia Driver’s License* with a clean driving abstract. BC Class 2 Driver’s License training provided.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Previous experience in customer service is required
- Excellent leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Administrative, Problem Solving and Time Management skills
- Ability to work well both independently with minimum direction, and as part of a team
- Fluent in English, both written and oral. Ability to speak a second language is an asset
- Ability to lift luggage up to 40lbs
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Flexible to a changing schedule
- Previous tourism experience is an asset
- Post-secondary training in tourism or hotel management is an asset
What we offer:
- Your “office” is different every day with our variety of shifts
- Growth and learning opportunities
- Fun, rewarding, supportive, and social work environment
- Tourism industry perks including the Tourism Passport Challenge
- Award-winning, fully-paid training program
- Commission and sales incentives
Sound like you?
If you would be excited to join our team, please send us a resume and cover letter telling us about you and why you would be the perfect addition to our team. Feel free to be creative, have fun and stand out, sing us a song, or send us a video!!! We can’t wait to see what you have to offer.
Thank you for taking the time to review this information. Due to time demands – only qualified
candidates will be contacted for an interview.
*“L” and “N” licenses are Class 7 and are not eligible for this role.