Tour Guide (Full-time)
Please take a moment to read through the Tour Guide information below. If you fit the description, contact us! We look forward to being a part of your Vancouver tourism industry experience!
We are looking for extraordinary personalities to join our growing team! Do you enjoy talking to new people from all over the world and going out of your way to make their day? Are you a warm, friendly, thoughtful and outgoing team player that would fit in with our team and our unique culture? With our ‘Tours & Adventures’ business adapting and growing with the ever-changing tourism industry, we require independent self-starters available to work a flexible full-time schedule. Reporting to the Team Lead, tour guides conduct daily sightseeing tours while driving 24-32 passenger buses.
A day in the life of a Landsea Guide:
- Responsible for conducting a safe, orderly and fun sightseeing tours for maximum 32 guests to Vancouver, North Shore, Victoria, Squamish, & Whistler
- Perform transfers between Vancouver International Airport and Whistler hotels in all weather conditions
- Must be passionate, have integrity, be adaptable, bring some originality and be a team player
- Be warm, friendly and welcoming to all guests and team members
- Perform daily pre and post trip inspections
- Assist guests with booking tours and adventures
- Professionally handle guest queries and concerns
- Accurately collect tour fares and complete paperwork
- Efficiently keep to a scheduled itinerary
- Maintain a clean and aesthetically pleasing appearance
- Available to work a full time schedule
What you bring:
- Must possess a Valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License* with a clean driving abstract. BC Class 2 licensing provided
- Ability to safely drive in winter conditions
- Strong knowledge of Vancouver and surrounding areas is essential
- Previous experience in customer service is required
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Flexibility for a changing schedule
- Excellent Leadership, Communication and Organizational skills
- Administrative, Problem Solving, Attention to Detail, and Time Management skills
- Ability to work well both independently with minimum direction, and as part of a team
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Ability to lift luggage up to 40lbs
- Fluent in English, written and oral. Ability to speak a second language is an asset
- Post-secondary training in tourism or hotel management is an asset
- Previous tourism experience or knowledge of industry is an asset
- Cash handling experience is an asset
What we offer:
- Your “office” is different every day with our variety of tour destinations
- Growth and learning opportunities
- Fun, rewarding, supportive, and social work environment
- Tourism industry perks including the Tourism Passport Challenge
- Award-winning, fully-paid training program
- Commission and sales incentives
Sounds like you?
If you would be excited to join our team, please send us a resume and cover letter telling us about you and why you would be the perfect addition to our team. Feel free to be creative, have fun and stand out, sing us a song, or send us a video!!! We can’t wait to see what you have to offer.
Thank you for taking the time to review this information. Due to time demands – only chosen candidates will be contacted for an interview.
*“L” and “N” licenses are Class 7 and are not eligible for this role.