Pick-up times are 60 minutes earlier at Richmond (Airport) hotels.
Vancouver’s rugged wilderness is simply around the corner from the busy city core. Travel along the scenic Sea to Sky Highway, named within the top 10 best coastal drives in the world on this Post Cruise Sea to Sky Tour.
The first stop on this post cruise tour is a visit to the quaint seaside village of Horseshoe Bay for gorgeous views. For an adventure on the water, add the optional Deep Fjord Zodiac Tour and enjoy a 1-hour journey across the ocean from Horseshoe Bay to Britannia Beach. Both zodiac and bus travel up Howe Sound, the southern-most glacial fjord in North America.
Feel the spray from British Columbia’s third-highest waterfall, Shannon Falls, before exploring the underground mining tunnels at the Britannia Mine Museum and learn about the amazing history of the once-largest producer of copper in the British Empire.
Our last stop of the day is at beautiful the Peak of Grouse Mountain, located in Vancouver’s North Shore. Marvel at the stunning Vancouver skyline as you discover the many outdoor activities, such as Grinder and Coola, the resident Grizzly Bears.
Please Note: As the Sea to Sky Gondola is closed for the foreseeable future, Grouse Mountain will be visited instead. Grouse Mountain admission is refundable if guests choose to opt-out of this stop, however, passengers will then be required to arrange their own transportation back to their accommodation.
Our tours are conducted on comfortable mini-coaches seating up to 30 guests and offering stunning visibility. They are detailed after every tour and are outfitted with heating & air-conditioning for your comfort. Live tour commentary is conducted in English by our friendly, highly trained and award-winning tour guides. Hotel specific pick-up times are provided when reservations are confirmed.
If you have any questions, please contact our Guest Services Team at 604.255.7272, toll-free at 1.877.669.2277, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Complimentary Hotel or Cruise Terminal Pick-up - Pick-up from Cruise Terminal, downtown Vancouver or Richmond hotels. Luggage handling included.|
|Horseshoe Bay - The quaint seaside village is home to about 1,000 permanent residents but is a very popular weekend spot for Vancouverites.|
|Shannon Falls - 3rd highest waterfall in British Columbia at 1,099 feet (335m).|
|Britannia Mine Museum - Climb aboard the mine train and chug into this early haulage tunnel at this National Historic Site of Canada. The mine was in operation from 1904-1974 (admission included).|
|Grouse Mountain Resort - Explore Grouse Mountain in Vancouver's North Shore. Featuring a Gondola ride, resident grizzly bears and the chance to experience Vancouver's North Shore|
|Stawamus Chief - The world's 2nd largest granite monolith, towering over the waters of the Howe Sound at 2,297 feet (700m).|
|Glacial Fjords - Canada's southernmost glacial fjord.|
|Lions Gate Bridge - Vancouver's iconic bridge built in 1937 by the Guinness family.|
|Hotel, Airport or Train Station Drop-off - Downtown Vancouver or Richmond hotels, Vancouver International Airport (YVR), or VIA Rail.|
Sea to Sky Itinerary
- This exciting, nature-filled day begins with you being met in your hotel lobby by your tour guide and escorted to the bus. Once all guests are on board you will head out of Vancouver via Stanley Park and the Lions Gate Bridge. Beautiful harbour and bay views beckon as the sun climbs over the mountains to the east.
- Ride on the longest paved road in Canada, the Trans-Canada Highway and begin your journey into the “Sea to Sky” corridor. Enjoy a coffee and restroom break in beautiful Horseshoe Bay, a small resort community filled with quaint shops and home to a BC Ferries terminal. The road winds its way perched on the side of the Coastal Mountains as they rise up from the ocean depths and tower to your right. All the while, the northern hemisphere’s most southern fjord stretches out to your left with a backdrop of forested islands and snowcapped peaks.
- Just a short trip down the Sea-to-Sky Highway, you will be able to see and feel nature’s power at Shannon Falls – the third highest waterfall in the province at 335m or just under 1100 feet. Enjoy a short walk to the base for some great photos of nature’s erosive power and the beauty of the cascading falls.
- The tour will then make its way back down the highway to your final stop at the Britannia Mine Museum. At this National Historic Site of Canada, guests will have the opportunity to climb aboard a mine train as it enters an early haulage tunnel, while learning all about the unique history of its seventy-year life. With over 60,000 people having lived and worked here, the Britannia Mine was once the biggest copper mine in the British Empire.
- Enjoy a fjord-side, return trip to Vancouver where our final stop is at the Grouse Mountain Resort, where we to take the Skyride Gondola to the Peak of the mountain filled views of Vancouver, outdoor shows and hiking trails await.
- As we depart from Grouse Mountain, we return to your hotel, but not before one last stunning harbour view on a second crossing of the Lions Gate Bridge.