Pick-up times are 60 minutes earlier at Richmond (Airport) hotels for the Vancouver Delights Tour.
Combine the highlights of Vancouver with the Capilano Suspension Bridge Park and the Capilano Salmon Hatchery on our Vancouver Delights Tour.
Tour through our set of diverse areas, including famous Chinatown and Gastown, the charming Vancouver Harbour, and scenic, ocean-side English Bay on the Vancouver Delights Tour. Step off the bus in Stanley Park to visit the First Nations Totem Poles as well as the stunning views of the Lions Gate Bridge at Prospect Point. Visit the famous farmer and artisan market at Granville Island. You will also enjoy 360°- degree scenic views of the skyline from the Vancouver Lookout deck (admission included as part of the Vancouver Delights Tour).
Drive over the Lions Gate Bridge into Vancouver’s North Shore mild rainforest. Enjoy a nature stroll while learning about the lifecycle of the local salmon at the Capilano Salmon Hatchery. Cross the suspension bridge spanning a heart-pounding 137 metres (450 feet) across and 73 metres (230 feet) above the river at Capilano Suspension Bridge Park, which also features the Treetops Adventure and Cliffwalk.
This makes for a great post-cruise tour. If you have a flight to catch we can take you and your luggage to Vancouver International Airport (YVR) at the end of your tour (no extra charge).
Suggested Clothing: Dress in layers. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended. Don’t forget the fixings! Depending on the weather consider bringing sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat, gloves and a waterproof outer layer. Any excess items can be stored on the vehicle while you’re exploring.
Accessibility: Moderate mobility is required at each of the tour stops as they include hills, stairs and uneven terrain. There’s a lot to explore. Be prepared to do plenty of walking.
Our tours are run on comfortable mini-coaches seating up to 30 guests and offer great views. They are detailed after every tour and are outfitted with heating & air-conditioning for your comfort. Live tour commentary is conducted in English by our friendly, highly trained and award-winning Tour Guides. Hotel specific pick-up times are provided when reservations are confirmed.
If you have any questions, please contact our Guest Services Team at 604.255.7272, toll-free at 1.877.669.2277, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Complimentary Hotel Pick-up - Pick-up from your downtown Vancouver or Richmond hotel.|
|Capilano Salmon Hatchery - Learn about the life cycle of the Pacific Salmon (admission included).|
|Capilano Suspension Bridge Park - Cross this legendary attraction at 70 m (230 ft) high and 137 m (450 ft) long. During the month of December see the Canyon Lights display of over 300,000 Christmas Lights (admission included).|
|Vancouver Lookout Tower - Get a bird's-eye view of Vancouver from the Lookout viewing deck high atop Harbour Centre Tower (admission included).|
|Granville Island - Stop to wander artist studios, craft galleries & the Granville Island Public Market.|
|Stanley Park - Prospect Point - A lookout at the highest point in Stanley Park.|
|Stanley Park - Totem Poles - This is the most visited attraction in British Columbia.|
|Lions Gate Bridge - A younger iconic suspension bridge built in 1937.|
|Chinatown - Vancouver's cultural diversity in Canada's largest Chinatown.|
|Gastown - Vancouver's original downtown core is now a National Historic Site.|
|Hotel, Airport or Train Station Drop-off - Downtown Vancouver or Richmond hotels, Vancouver International Airport (YVR), or VIA Rail.|
Vancouver Delights Tour Details
- Stanley Park – The emerald jewel set in the heart of our city. Stanley Park, surrounded by the Pacific Ocean, is a 1000-acre playground with stunning views and mountain backdrops. Enjoy a stop at the totem poles and get an iconic photo of the sails of Canada Place and the glass and steel towers of Coal Harbour. Next, drive to the highest point of the park, the Prospect Point Lookout. Stop and enjoy a view of Lions Gate Bridge spanning the entrance to our harbour. Gaze at the dazzling panorama of the snowcapped coastal mountains, West Vancouver and English Bay.
- English Bay – Drive out of the park and along the city’s urban shoreline of English Bay. Get a real sense of how fortunate the locals are with access to seaside walks, astounding views and ocean beaches. This why we love living here! Lucky guests may even spot a couple of our resident bald eagles or great blue herons hunting by these shores.
- Gastown – This is where it all started, on the shores of the Burrard Inlet – Gassy Jack Deighton laid the foundation of this great west coast city (okay, he opened a saloon). See Maple Tree Square, Vancouver’s oldest architecture, and the world famous steam powered clock.
- Chinatown – This area was developed at the turn of the last century by Chinese immigrants from California and China who came to work the gold mines and on the Canadian Pacific Railroad. Chinatown today is a bustling reminder of where we have come from and where we are heading. Find great restaurants, shopping, and interesting architecture (like the world’s thinnest building), all for your senses to feast upon.
- Robson Street – Enjoy a leisurely drive down Robson Street and get a taste of what is available for those who love to shop! Your guide is also happy to recommend eateries to suit all tastes and budgets.
- Canada Place and Vancouver Harbour – The city’s cruise ship terminal is an icon of the skyline. Here you’ll find Canada’s flagship harbour and our gateway to Asia.
- Granville Island – This tiny peninsula is a hotbed for amazing food and art. Spend time browsing artisan workshops or enjoy great food and views at the Granville Island Public Market. This is a great place to stock up on gifts to bring home to loved ones.
- Drive over the Lions Gate Bridge spanning the entrance to Vancouver’s port. This was the longest suspension bridge in the world when it was completed in 1938, and it offers unparalleled views of the harbour and beyond. Once across to the North Shore, it is a short drive up the road to your first stop at the Capilano Fish Hatchery. Wonder at nature’s ability to sustain itself as you observe how salmon are helped through man’s intrusion on their habitat. Learn about their life cycle and watch them (in season – July and August) as they leap their way up river and through the glassed-in fish ladder.
- The Capilano Suspension Bridge – Vancouver’s very first tourist experience. Walk amongst the towering trees of this temperate rain forest and learn the ways of the local First Nations’ Peoples. Walk across one of the world’s longest foot suspension bridges to the other side of the river, where you can climb to the canopy and stroll through the “Treetops Adventure” walkway high above the canyon floor and the river below. If you are feeling adventurous, try the “Cliffwalk”; this heart-stopping cliffside journey takes you through rainforest vegetation on a series of unobtrusive, cantilevered and suspended walkways jutting out from the granite cliff face above Capilano River.
Feel free to ask us to drop you off anywhere in the downtown Vancouver or Richmond areas and we are happy to oblige – even the airport! With a little advance notice, we can bring your luggage along too, and drop both you and your luggage off at the airport when your tour is finished.