Pick-up times are 60 minutes earlier at Richmond (Airport) hotels.
Vancouver’s rugged wilderness is simply around the corner from the busy city core. Travel along the scenic Sea to Sky Highway, named within the top 10 best coastal drives in the world.
Visit the quaint seaside village of Horseshoe Bay for gorgeous views. For an adventure on the water, add the optional Deep Fjord Zodiac Tour and enjoy a 1-hour journey across the ocean from Horseshoe Bay to Britannia Beach. Both zodiac and bus travel up Howe Sound, the southern-most glacial fjord in North America.
Feel the spray from British Columbia’s third highest waterfall, Shannon Falls before ascending 335 metres (1,100 feet) to the top of the Sea to Sky Gondola for stunning views of Howe Sound. Here you can cross the Sky Pilot Suspension Bridge and walk along forest trails to viewing platforms.
Explore underground mining tunnels at Britannia Mine Museum and learn about the amazing history of the once-largest producer of copper in the British Empire.
This makes for a great post-cruise tour. If you have a flight to catch we can take you and your luggage to Vancouver International Airport (YVR) at the end of your tour (no extra charge).
Advised clothing: Dress in layers as temperatures within the train tunnel at Britannia Mine Museum are consistently 12 ℃ (54 ℉). Comfortable walking shoes are advised. Don’t forget the fixings! Depending on the weather consider bringing sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, gloves and a waterproof outer layer. Any excess items can be stored in the vehicle while you’re exploring.
Accessibility: Moderate mobility is required at each of the tour stops as they include hills, stairs and uneven terrain. There’s a lot to explore. Be prepared to do plenty of walking.
Our tours are conducted on comfortable mini-coaches seating up to 30 guests and offering stunning visibility. They are detailed after every tour and are outfitted with heating & air-conditioning for your comfort. Live tour commentary is conducted in English by our friendly, highly trained and award-winning tour guides. Hotel specific pick-up times are provided when reservations are confirmed.
If you have any questions, please contact our Guest Services Team at 604.255.7272, toll-free at 1.877.669.2277, or email email@example.com.
|Complimentary Hotel or Cruise Terminal Pick-up - Pick-up from Cruise Terminal, your downtown Vancouver or Richmond hotel. Luggage handling included.|
|Horseshoe Bay - The quaint seaside village is home to about 1,000 permanent residents but is a very popular weekend spot for Vancouverites.|
|Shannon Falls - 3rd highest waterfall in British Columbia at 335 metres (1,099 feet).|
|Britannia Mine Museum - Climb aboard the mine train and chug into this early haulage tunnel at this National Historic Site of Canada. The mine was in operation from 1904-1974 (admission included).|
|Sea to Sky Gondola - Rise 853 m (2800 ft) above sea level to sweeping views of the Howe Sound fjord, luscious coastal forest and surrounding mountains.|
|Sky Pilot Suspension Bridge - 64 m (210 ft) high & 100 m (325 ft) long.|
|Stawamus Chief - The world's 2nd largest granite monolith, towering over the waters of the Howe Sound at 700 m (2,297 feet).|
|Glacial Fjords - Canada's southernmost glacial fjord.|
|Lions Gate Bridge - Vancouver's iconic bridge built in 1937 by the Guinness family.|
|Hotel, Airport or Train Station Drop-off - Downtown Vancouver or Richmond hotels, Vancouver International Airport (YVR), or VIA Rail.|
Sea to Sky Tour Itinerary
- This exciting, nature-filled day begins with you being met in your hotel lobby by your tour guide and escorted to the bus. Once all guests are on board, you will head out of Vancouver via Stanley Park and the Lions Gate Bridge. Beautiful harbour and bay views beckon as the sun climbs over the mountains to the east.
- Ride on the longest paved road in Canada, the Trans-Canada Highway and begin your journey into the “Sea to Sky” corridor. Enjoy a coffee and restroom break in beautiful Horseshoe Bay, a small resort community filled with quaint shops and home to a BC Ferries terminal. The road winds its way perched on the side of the Coastal Mountains as they rise up from the ocean depths and tower to your right. All the while, the northern hemisphere’s southernmost fjord stretches out to your left with a backdrop of forested islands and snowcapped peaks.
- Just a short trip down the Sea-to-Sky Highway, you will be able to see and feel nature’s power at Shannon Falls, the third highest waterfall in the province at 335 metres (1,099 feet). Enjoy a short walk to the base for some great photos of nature’s erosive power and the beauty of the cascading falls.
- Located next to Shannon Falls is Squamish’s newest visitor attraction, the spectacular Sea to Sky Gondola. A 10-minute ride up to the summit provides you with sweeping vistas of the Howe Sound. With interpretive trails, spectacular viewing platforms, the Sky Pilot Suspension Bridge and the Summit Restaurant and Bar, there is something for everyone.
- After lunch, the tour will make its way back down the highway to your final stop at the Britannia Mine Museum. At this National Historic Site of Canada, guests will have the opportunity to climb aboard a mine train as it enters an early haulage tunnel, all the while learning all about the unique history of its seventy-year life. With over 60,000 people having lived and worked here, the Britannia Mine was once the biggest copper mine in the British Empire.
- Following the mine, enjoy a fjord-side, return trip to Vancouver and to your hotel, but not before one last stunning harbour view on a second crossing of the Lions Gate Bridge.