Pick-up times are 60 minutes earlier at Richmond (Airport) hotels.
If you’re looking for a blend of spectacular sights, rugged wilderness, and Canadian history, then the Sea to Sky Tour is perfect for you. The only tour of its kind in Vancouver, travel the famous Sea to Sky Highway, voted one of the best scenic drives in the world.
Visit the quaint seaside village of Horseshoe Bay for gorgeous views. For an adventure on the water, add the optional Deep Fjord Zodiac Tour and enjoy a one-hour journey across the ocean from Horseshoe Bay to Britannia Beach. Both zodiac and bus travel up Howe Sound, the southernmost glacial fjord in North America.
Feel the spray from British Columbia’s third-highest waterfall, Shannon Falls, before exploring the underground mining tunnels at the Britannia Mine Museum and learn about the amazing history of the once-largest producer of copper in the British Empire.
Our last stop of the day is at beautiful the Peak of Grouse Mountain, located in Vancouver’s North Shore. Marvel at the stunning Vancouver skyline as you discover the many outdoor activities, such as Grinder and Coola, the resident Grizzly Bears.
Please Note: As the Sea to Sky Gondola is closed for the foreseeable future, Grouse Mountain will be visited instead. Grouse Mountain admission is refundable if guests choose to opt-out of this stop, however, passengers will then be required to arrange their own transportation back to their accommodation.
If you’re a cruise ship passenger, this tour makes for an excellent post-cruise option. Additionally, if you have a flight to catch we can take you and your luggage complimentary to the Vancouver International Airport (YVR) at the conclusion of your tour.
Advised Clothing: We recommend that you dress in layers and bring comfortable walking shoes. Depending on the weather, you should consider bringing sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, gloves and a waterproof outer layer. Temperatures inside the mine tunnels are cooler, so an additional layer would be recommended for this stop year-round. We store all excess items on the vehicle while you’re exploring.
Accessibility: You should prepare for a moderate level of walking. Pathways at most of the attractions on this tour are unpaved. Expect inclines and uneven hiking trails atop the Sea to Sky Gondola. If you have any questions about accessibility for this tour please contact us.
We run our tours on comfortable mini-coaches seating up to 30 guests, offering great visibility. Each bus is detailed after every tour and equipped with heating & air-conditioning for your comfort. Our highly trained and award-winning Tour Guides provide full tour commentary conducted in English. Finally, hotel specific pick-up times are provided when reservations are confirmed.
If you have any questions, please contact our Guest Services Team at 604.255.7272, toll-free at 1.877.669.2277, or email email@example.com.
|Complimentary Hotel or Cruise Terminal Pick-up - Pick-up from Cruise Terminal, your downtown Vancouver or Richmond hotel. Luggage handling included.|
|Horseshoe Bay - The quaint seaside village is home to about 1,000 permanent residents but is a very popular weekend spot for Vancouverites.|
|Shannon Falls - 3rd highest waterfall in British Columbia at 335 metres (1,099 feet).|
|Britannia Mine Museum - Climb aboard the mine train and chug into this early haulage tunnel at this National Historic Site of Canada. The mine was in operation from 1904-1974 (admission included).|
|Stawamus Chief - The world's 2nd largest granite monolith, towering over the waters of the Howe Sound at 700 m (2,297 feet).|
|Glacial Fjords - Canada's southernmost glacial fjord.|
|Grouse Mountain - Explore Grouse Mountain in Vancouver's North Shore. Featuring a Gondola ride, resident grizzly bears and the chance to experience the best of Vancouver's North Shore|
|Lions Gate Bridge - Vancouver's iconic bridge built in 1937 by the Guinness family.|
|Hotel, Airport or Train Station Drop-off - Downtown Vancouver or Richmond hotels, Vancouver International Airport (YVR), or VIA Rail.|
Sea to Sky Tour Itinerary
- Once all guests are on board, say goodbye to Vancouver’s urban atmosphere as you cross the Lions Gate Bridge. Beautiful harbour and bay views will surround you.
- Start your journey by travelling towards the “Sea to Sky” corridor along the longest paved road in Canada. Enjoy a short stop in beautiful Horseshoe Bay, a small seaside resort community filled with quaint shops and oceanside walkways. Then the road winds its way north, perched along the rising Coast Mountains on your right and a backdrop of forested islands and rolling mountain peaks scattered through Howe Sound fjord on your left.
- After a brief trip along the Sea to Sky Highway, we arrive at Shannon Falls, BC’s third highest waterfall. Enjoy a short walk for some great photos of nature’s erosive power and the beauty of the cascading falls.
- No tour is complete without a stop at the Britannia Mine Museum. This National Historic Site offers guests the opportunity to climb aboard a train as it enters a former mining tunnel, all the while learning about the unique history of the mine’s seventy-year existence.
- Enjoy a fjord-side, return trip to Vancouver where our final stop is at the Grouse Mountain Resort, where we to take the Skyride Gondola to the Peak of the mountain filled views of Vancouver, outdoor shows and hiking trails await.
- As we depart from Grouse Mountain, we return to your hotel, but not before one last stunning harbour view on a second crossing of the Lions Gate Bridge.