New for 2019, and to meet the high demand of this tour, we have created our Victoria & Butchart Gardens Large Group Tour. Come aboard a comfortable highway motor coach and join your Step-On Tour Guide as you discover the enchanting sights that await, with live English commentary provided.
Your adventure begins with a pick-up at four central locations in downtown Vancouver (see below for pick-up list and schedule). After boarding the coach, your driver will head straight for the ferry terminal. This 1 hour and 35-minute crossing features BC’s rugged coastline and the Southern Gulf Islands before arriving on Vancouver Island. After a short drive, prepare to be amazed as you venture into Victoria’s charming downtown where cobblestone streets in the picturesque Inner Harbour await. Explore the many boutique shops, galleries, museums and bistros surrounded by stunning architecture like the BC Parliament Buildings. Or walk through Fan Tan Alley, North American’s narrowest commercial street. Be sure to ask your guide for their favourite spots to grab lunch.
After departing Victoria, your next stop is the incredible Butchart Gardens. Showcasing 55 acres of garden displays, this National Historic Site of Canada will certainly leave you amazed. For those with a green thumb, ask about our ‘Early Butchart Gardens Shuttle.’ This option is perfect for those wishing to gain extra time in the gardens, and less downtown. We then return to the Ferry Terminal for a relaxing sunset cruise back to Vancouver.
Departure Times & Pick-Up Locations
7:30 am: Water Fountain located on West Cardova Street between Burrard Street and Howe Street
7:40 am: Fairmont Hotel Vancouver (900 W Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC V6C 2W6)
7:55 am: Sandman Vancouver City Centre Hotel (180 W Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 4P4)
8:05 am: Holiday Inn on Howe (1110 Howe Street, Vancouver, BC V6Z 1R2)
Please Note: The times listed are when each bus is departing the pick-up point. We recommend arriving 10-15 minutes before.
- Highway Motor-Coach with Max. 54 Passengers
- Same Classic Tour Itinerary
- Washroom Facilities Available On Board the Highway Motor Coach
- Alternate vehicle sizes may be used at the discretion of Landsea Tours & Adventures.
Advised Clothing: We recommend guests dress in layers and bring comfortable walking shoes. Depending on the weather, guests should consider bringing sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, gloves and a waterproof outer layer. We store all excess items on the vehicle while you’re exploring.
Accessibility: We require minimal mobility for this tour. Paved pathways are available for guest use, however, please note there are some inclines. Guests should prepare to do plenty of walking.
Each bus is detailed after every tour and equipped with heating & air-conditioning for your comfort. Our highly trained and award-winning Tour Guides provide full tour commentary conducted in English.
Please contact our Guest Services Team if you have any questions at 604.255.7272, toll-free at 1.877.669.2277, or email email@example.com
|Pick-up from Central Meeting Point - Pick-up from the Water Fountain on West Cardova (between Burrard and Howe Streets), Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, Sandman City Centre Hotel, or Holiday Inn on Howe.|
|BC Ferries - Enjoy a coastal sailing through the Straight of Georgia past the Southern Gulf Islands.|
|Downtown Victoria & The Inner Harbour - Sit by the water in the Inner Harbour, visit the quaint storefronts along Government Street, walk through Fan Tan Alley in Historic Chinatown.|
|Fairmont Empress Hotel - The historic hotel located across from the water opened its doors in 1908 and features an afternoon tea option.|
|BC Parliament Buildings - BC's Legislative Buildings used for parliamentary sessions.|
|The Butchart Gardens - The magnificent Butchart Gardens featuring over 55 acres of garden displays and five unique areas.|
|Drop Off - Sail back to Vancouver, drop-off at the meeting points.|
Victoria Tour Itinerary
- The adventure begins with pick-up at the central meeting points. We then travel to the BC Ferries Terminal where your driver will drive the motor coach directly on the ship.
- For your 95-minute crossing through the Southern Gulf Islands, relax and enjoy the onboard amenities including restaurant services, gift shops and the Seawest lounge. breathe in the fresh Pacific Ocean air as you stroll along the outside decks and for the chance to see some marine wildlife.
- Depart your ferry on Vancouver Island and drive into the heart of Victoria. Once a small fort, the city has expanded and is now home to BC’s provincial government. Learn about infamous characters like the scandalous architect Francis Rattenbury, walk through North America’s narrowest commercial street, or grab lunch at one of the many restaurants or spend time shopping at the local gift stores. *Enjoy two and a half to three hours of free time in downtown Victoria
- The early free shuttle service to the garden is the perfect option for anyone with a green thumb or avid photographers who want less time in the city and more time at the Gardens. Simply let our guest services department know or speak to your tour guide in the morning and they can make arrangements for you.
- In mid-afternoon, travel to the meticulous Butchart Gardens. Relax as we take a short drive through the scenic countryside before arriving at a garden that leaves horticulturists in awe. Spread across 55 acres, stroll along twisting paths and grand lawns. Experience the five unique areas, including the Sunken Garden and Japanese Gardens.
- After a 2-hour visit to the Gardens, we make our way to the ferry terminal in order to travel home to the mainland. On the return crossing, enjoy the dining options onboard and watch as the sun starts to set. Your adventure is complete once we arrive back at the meeting points.