Pick-up times are 60 minutes earlier at Richmond (Airport) hotels.
Our Whistler & Shannon Falls Tour is an adventure that embraces the true west coast lifestyle. Enjoy stunning viewpoints including Shannon Falls, endless mountain ranges, an ancient glacial fjord, and the second largest granite monolith in the world. Experience all of this while travelling along the famous Sea to Sky Highway. In fact, this route has been voted one of the best scenic drives in the world.
Our tour showcases Whistler Village, a must-see Canadian gem. With towering mountains and sprawling forests, this quaint village offers everything from relaxing spas and scenic strolls to adrenaline filled activities and breathtaking views. Additionally, whether you are visiting in summer or winter, Whistler has a wide array of activities to suit every guest. Enjoy four hours of free time to explore, shop and dine, or try one of our available Plus Options.
Included in your tour admission is a ticket to the Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre and Museum. Be sure to visit and enjoy a 1-hour guided tour through this First Nations cultural museum.
Advised Clothing: We recommend guests dress in layers and bring comfortable walking shoes. Depending on the weather, guests should also consider bringing sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, gloves and a waterproof outer layer. We store all excess items on the vehicle while you’re exploring.
Accessibility: Guests should prepare for a moderate level of walking on this tour, with inclines present. Additionally, unpaved pathways are present at Shannon Falls in order to reach the viewing platform. If you have any questions about mobility, please feel free to contact us.
We use comfortable mini-coaches seating up to 30 passengers and offering exceptional visibility for our tours. They are detailed after every tour and are outfitted with heating & air-conditioning for your comfort. Live tour commentary is conducted in English by our friendly, highly trained and award-winning Tour Guides. Hotel specific pick-up times are provided when reservations are confirmed.
If you have any questions, please contact our Guest Services Team at 604.255.7272, toll-free at 1.877.669.2277, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Complimentary Hotel Pick-up - Pick-up from your downtown Vancouver or Richmond hotel.|
|Tour Whistler Village, or take the high speed lift to the top of Whistler Mountain - Option to explore the record-breaking PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola (additional cost).|
|Free time to browse through quaint village shops, walk along forest trails or just relax and enjoy the mountain scenery - Optional sightseeing flight to get a bird's-eye view of the surrounding mountain peaks and glaciers (additional cost).|
|Visit the Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre and Museum in Whistler - A museum dedicated to the history, culture and art of the local First Nations (admission included). *Please note that the museum is closed on Mondays for the winter season.|
|Shannon Falls - Walk to the base of Shannon Falls, the third highest waterfall in BC.|
|Sea to Sky Highway - Travel from Vancouver to Whistler via the spectacular "Sea to-Sky Highway" to the #1 ski resort in North America aboard our 24 passenger bus.|
|Hotel, Airport or Train Station Drop-off - Downtown Vancouver or Richmond hotels, Vancouver International Airport (YVR), or VIA Rail.|
Whistler Tour Itinerary
- Firstly, start your journey by leaving the urban atmosphere of Vancouver via Stanley Park and the Lions Gate Bridge. Beautiful harbour and bay views beckon as the sun climbs over the mountains to the east. Then the road winds its way north, perched on the side of the rising Coast Mountains on your right. With a backdrop of forested islands and snowcapped peaks, watch the Howe Sound fjord stretch out to your left. Enjoy a quick coffee/restroom break to stretch your legs, smell the sea air, and marvel at the gorgeous scenery.
- Next, you will drive through the growing town of Squamish, the self-proclaimed “Outdoor Recreation Capital of Canada.” Watch the towering ice-blue glaciers on the peaks of the Tantalus Mountain Range come into view. Whistler Valley is only minutes away once the mountains plunge low into the river canyon.
- Skiing, biking, hiking, volcanoes, glaciers, high alpine lakes and forests, world-class restaurants and amenities; these specifically are what draw people here. Enjoy four hours here on your own, to grab a bite to eat and explore this mountain ski village. Or, partake in one of our many adventurous +Plus Options.
- Activities are available in Whistler for day trip guests (Please be aware that activities are seasonal and may not be available). Before you arrive in Whistler Village, your guide will inform you of the various optional activities available that fit into your tour’s schedule. Join an ATV or snowmobile guided tour, or choose a scenic seaplane flight over ancient volcanoes to see the glaciers up close. Or, sit and relax in heated pools at the local spa. Just let your guide know what you would like to do, and leave the planning to us.
- A mid-afternoon departure will take you to see and feel nature’s power at Shannon Falls. Just a short trip down the Sea to Sky Highway, Shannon Falls is the 3rd highest waterfall in BC. Enjoy a short walk for some great photos of nature’s erosive art and feel the mist of the falls against your skin.
- Board the bus one last time for the 45-minute scenic return trip. The sun lowers below the distant mountains as the bus journeys along highway 99 back to the city and your hotel, but not before one last stunning harbour view on a second crossing of the Lions Gate Bridge. You may even end your day with a parade of massive cruise ships as they pass under the bridge on their weekly journeys to Alaska.